Thursday, March 19, 2015




Spooky Symphonies


I love music.

Music helps with those everyday things that need to get done, like housework and laundry. With Bruno Mars singing “Uptown Funk” loudly in the background, the dull and dreary chores aren’t so bad.

I find listening to music when I write sets a certain tone and gets my muse going. Dave Matthews is always good for a softer or love scene as is some hard rock for an action scene.

My newfound obsession on Pandora is Spooky Symphonies. I’ve discovered some wonderful music. We all know the ‘one’ famous song from Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, but the whole soundtrack, written by Bernard Herrmann is beautifully haunting and creepy.



The Exorcist, also well known for ‘one’ song, is a great eerie soundtrack written and performed by different composers.



BTW, these are two of my favorite movies!

I recently wrote a short dark fiction story while listening to the music from the 1992 movie, Dracula, written and performed by Wojciech Kilar. Atmospheric and dramatic, it helped me create an unsettling mood and up the tension in my story. I hope so, anyway!

Dick Clark once said, “Music is the soundtrack of your life.”

Spooky Symphonies have become the soundtrack of my character’s lives.

Do you have a favorite spooky song?

********

Debbie Christiana writes paranormal romance, dark romantic fiction and short dark fiction. 

You can find her:

Website: www.debbiechristiana.com
Facebook: Debbie Christiana, Author
Twitter: @DebChristiana



No comments:

Post a Comment